20050523

Half way between the 2 & 3 week mark...

...and I'm feeling half way human. Still at a point where I'm in a lot of pain if I am late for a pain pill. They said I wouldn't be feeling too great without them for the first month. I'm having a lot of muscle spasms and sticking close to the schedule for relaxants as well. I'm starting to feel more acclimated to the position of my head though. And the incision is feeling a little less raw. I'll have Eliot take some more pix of it today. Our friends are being great about coming around as we need things. Cleo and Juba came and helped garden yesterday and Leslie Mah picked up groceries for us. Eliot seems to be doing quite well. He's got a lot of art shows coming up and I'm only needing a medium level of help...finding getting water from the dispenser difficult, and I need help with things like running a shallow bath. Other than that it quite honestly isn't a lot more than he was already having to do for me on a daily basis (sadly...cuz it points out how much help I was needing day to day before surgery). The good thing is that when I'm fully recovered I should be able to go back to doing a more equal portion in the house. And I'm feeling well enough to be up and around and working on the computer for half an hour or so at a time, which means I can stay on top of the bills and stuff. It helps a lot to be over the thrush and infection-e stuff. I feel like my recovery is going really well. I can tell already it is going to become a challenge to remember not to lift things very quickly. I can't thank you all enough for all the positive energy. I feel so lucky to be getting the best of what we could hope for from this surgery thus far.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're doing okay.